TVIA’s OISC-accredited solicitor and team of caseworkers offer free, confidential advice and support with:
- Asylum claims, including fresh claims.
- Family reunion applications.
- Liaising with the Home Office (e.g. following up applications, changes of circumstances or address).
- Applying for Home Office documents (e.g. travel documents).
- Applying for asylum support (formerly NASS support).
- Settlement (indefinite leave to remain).
- Naturalisation (British citizenship applications).
- Referrals to solicitors, local authorities or schools.
- Domestic violence (DDVC).
- Pre-settlement or settlement applications for EU citizens.
- Support to Ukrainians in the UK.
Please note: these services are provided by the TVIA as a whole. Not all organisations provide every service.
Information for Referring Agencies
If you are working with a client resident in the Thames Valley region who requires advice or support in any of the areas listed above, please download, complete and return the following referral form.
Criteria for Support
Who is this service for?
This service is for asylum seekers, refused asylum seekers and migrants who are not sure how to access legal advice. We often see people who are unsure of their immigration status or do not know what their next steps are with their case. We see people who cannot afford to attend appointments, do not have full possession of their legal documents or cannot find a lawyer. If you need support to access legal advice then we can help you. We can help you if you need support with travel documents, registration of children as British, naturalisation, change of conditions applications, and lost BRP applications.