UK Government COVID-19 Advice
COVID Restrictions Lifted in England
Most Government has now lifted all COVID restrictions in England. The latest rules are:
- You are not legally required to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID-19.
- You will not have to take daily tests or be legally required to self-isolate following contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you’re fully vaccinated, you no longer need to take a COVID-19 test either before or after you arrive in the UK.
Read the government’s latest guidance on living with COVID here:
A vaccination is the best way to protect yourself from COVID-19.
Book your free COVID-19 vaccination or Booster here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/
The vaccination will protect you from COVID-19, by making you less likely to catch it or pass it on. It will also protect you, so you are less likely to get seriously ill from COVID-19.
You do not need an NHS number or GP registration to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.
If you need help booking your COVID-19 vaccination, please call us and we can help.
Read the NHS information about the COVID-19 Vaccination here: https://www.berkshirewestccg.nhs.uk/patient-information/covid-19-vaccine/covid-19-vaccine-faqs/
Read the latest government advice for COVID-19 here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
Common COVID-19 symptoms:
– High temperature
– New, continuous cough
– Loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
Visit the UK Government website to see the full list of symptoms here: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
If you have COVID-19 symptoms, you need to book a free test and self-isolate.
Book a Coronavirus test here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
How Council Services Have Been Affected
In response to the Government’s guidance on the social distancing measures needed to slow the spread of the virus, Reading, West Berks and Wokingham Borough Councils have made changes to many services with most civic offices closing to the public.
Reading Borough Council: https://www.reading.gov.uk/coronavirus
West Berkshire Council: https://info.westberks.gov.uk/coronavirus-residents
Wokingham Council: https://www.wokingham.gov.uk/health/public-health-campaigns/how-coronavi…
How to avoid catching or spreading Coronavirus
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
For further information, visit the UK Government website here:
Coronavirus Guidance Translations for Refugees & People Seeking Asylum
Medicins Du Monde have translated the latest NHS Coronavirus Guidance into 40+ languages here:
We will continue to update this page as the situation changes.
Thank you for you understanding and co-operation. Please stay calm, stay safe and think of others.