Our OISC-accredited Solicitor and team of Caseworkers offer free, confidential advice and assistance with:
- Asylum and Protection
- Liaising with the Home Office (e.g. following up applications, changes of circumstances or address)
- Applying for Asylum Support (formerly NASS Support)
- Settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain)
- Integration loans
- Applying for a National Insurance number
- Applying for Benefits (Universal Credit, Pension Credits, Housing Benefits) and resolving issues
- Referring you to a solicitor, local authorities or schools
Please note: due to high demand if your enquiry requires legal advice, we may take up to 3 weeks before being able to respond to your enquiry.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide support for the following:
- Family Reunion (we will refer you to The British Red Cross
in Reading who can help you)
- Applications for Temporary Admission
- C.I.O. bail and Immigration Judge bail
- Appeals, Tribunals and Court Work
Criteria for Support
If you are seeking asylum or have had your application refused:
- Please make an appointment with our casework team.
- Our caseworkers will sit down with you and find out how we can best help you. They will open up a case file and make a further appointment with you.
- It helps us if you can bring with you any documentation you have relating to your situation. If you are not sure, please bring it anyway.
If you have Leave To Remain (Refugee status, Humanitarian Protection, Indefinite Leave to Remain) in the UK for over a year:
- Please make an appointment for immigration advice with our caseworkers.
If you are a British citizen or have No Recourse to Public Funding:
- We may not be able to offer you direct support, but we will refer you to other agencies in Reading, where appropriate.